Monday, October 22, 2007

Pok Tih Pond Revisit.

Location: Padang Kala Kota Bahru Kelantan

Line Up: Farmi and me






Rambutan as a bait?












Lampan at this size are plenty

















I used steel cable , but the fish get away with this soft hook












pok Tih is an old man around 60. He own at least 3 an acre wide ponds stuffed with patin, pacu, tilapia and lampam. Other species also can be fish out if you are lucky such as keli and Lee koh.

This was my 3rd times to fish here. My mission today was to land Pacu as my previous trip, i failed badly.

We were using chicken intestine as a bait. But never got closer to pacu as patin would have it first.

Pok Tih suggest to us to use rambutans as a bait. My first thought was, this old man must be kidding. But, not to hurt the old man's feeling, i hooked it up anyway.

i left the rod with rambutan bait at the pier and walk to the far side of pond to fish for patin or lampam.

an went by, suddenly, a big explosion happen just right infront of my eyes. The fish jump and make a dash to the pier's pillars. I saw Pok Tih holding my rod ( the one with rambutan bait) as the rod was inches away to become fish's toy.

I ran to the pier and pok tih handed me the rod. I tried to retrive the line but the fish fought with termendous strenght. suddenlly, the line felt light and the fish won.

Upon closer look, the hook was spoiled. It was a seahawk 2/0 hook. According to pok tih, the fish, was pacu. it weighs not less than 6kg. and i believed him.

This coming november, i will come back to fight the freaking pacu again



The pier under renovation














The pond
















Patin Juvy















A 2 kg patin from Farmi













a happy me















A tapiocca leaves is used to catch Lee Koh

No comments: