Friday, December 4, 2009

ABU GARCIA Ambassadeur Black Max

I'm planning to go somewhere that people mainly go for fishing and stuff.

I was looking at my rods and reels as i was preparing for the big day, and decided to add a thing or twos into my collection.

so I went to Angler's World for my shopping spree.

I was greeted by Mr Najib , and after picking small items like swivels and lures, he suggested that i should consider to use a baitcaster.

it's been in my mind for so long. But i have to admit, i don't really have gut to try, Eventhough, i went to a baitcasting clinic held by the PureFishing Malaysia recently.

I did try it. How to set the drag, the usage of the magnetic brake , and everything 101 about it.

but i found out, I was slow at baitcaster than my trusty cardinal 300 spinning reel. So i let the thought of owning one drifted away.

Mr. Najib was really 'helping' . The poison he poured , can't be cured.
So, I bought The Ambassadeur Black Max filled with 18lbs STRAND, green braided.



Here is the specs:

Performance and toughness at a remarkable price. A low cost baitcast reel that optimises the qualities of Swedish engineering, performance and toughness at its best. Features 5 bearings, wiffle spool, brass gears and a fantastic breaking system. Right and left hand. 5 Ball bearings and 1 roller bearing. Power disc drag system. Duragear brass gears. Magtrax brake system. Line Capacity 175m/0.30. Gear Ratio 6.2:1. Weight 225g.
Free Cap... so now i have two Abu Garcia Caps..



Left Handle. Suitable for a beginner and dummy like me


A work of art. And now, how on Earth am I gonna use this thing and catch a fish.... I see 'Bird Nests' ... a lot...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Buying the reel is the first step forward. I did the same. Learn to surf cast a multiplier with guidance from a fellow angler fishing beside me (we don't know each other!). Learnt it and he was happy for me. I guess the key is to practice. I have since bought countless multiplier reels! You really can pick it up in a day!

Unknown said...

Buying the reel is the first step forward. I did the same. Learn to surf cast a multiplier with guidance from a fellow angler fishing beside me (we don't know each other!). Learnt it and he was happy for me. I guess the key is to practice. I have since bought countless multiplier reels! You really can pick it up in a day!

Unknown said...

can I buy one of your cap?