Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Its not Sunday, but I want to fish

Date:20th June 2007
Place: Kg Pandan 2 Kuantan
Angler: amriez a k a sundayFisherman


I needed to go to fish as my fingers getting itchy. The nearest river is next to my father’s house in pandan2. I brought 3 rods and a handful of earth worms.
It is actually not really a river, but a man made river for agriculture purposes. The river flows to Sg Pandan, and that Sg Pandan flows to Sg Kuantan. Well what the heck. Fish or not to fish.
I fished there a couple of time before. Managed to land baung and lampam…and also Labi labi or fresh water turtle. Certainly, there is no Tapah in here. So, my trip today was nothing but to fish any fish happen to live in that “longkang”.


The Longkang...














You dont have to fight over a fishing spot. Just you and the river.














This "longkang" flows into the fish farm.











It was 4.30 pm. Baung after baung… and lampam… then lampam again… and selat. Without knowing. I’m out of bait. So I used my long pole net to get some live bait. Prawns are plenty and easy to get. Well same things happen… baung lampam baung lampam. As it getting dark, I noticed, there were so many seluangs jumped frantically as they were chased by a monster. I used my net again to catch some of it for baits.



Baung..















SELAT...











A couple of minutes went by and suddenly my cheapo first stick shook like hell. I made my move, and… Oh My God… something ferocious has taken the bait… and for sure it was not a lampam… the fish jumped , trying to free itself from the hook… I recognize the fish… even though I never caught one, but I know… this is the famous sebarau. I have to land this fish. It took me about 3- 4 minutes to land the taiko… I stopped some kids, and asked one of them to take my picture with the famous taiko… he he, my first sebarau in my whole life. Even though it was a baby sebarau, but sebarau is sebarau…and I fished it out from a “longkang” ha ha ha…




The "taiko", Enche Sebarau bin Pak Sebarau and me...

No comments: